Abstract Submission - IANCON 2019
Abstract Submission is closed!
Guidelines for abstract submission – IANCON 2019
- Only registered IAN members and registered PG students (IAN member) are ordinarily allowed to submit.
- To submit abstract, please visit www.ianindina.org
- Please enter your registered email id/registered mobile number as Username and IAN Membership number as Password.
- It is mandatory to register for IANCON 2019 before submitting your abstract. In order to register please visit www.iancon2019.cm/register/
- Fill the appropriate theme related to your abstract.
- Please indicate whether you wish your abstract to be accepted as a platform or e-poster submission. However, this does not guarantee acceptance as per your choice as there are only
a limited number of slots available in the platform presentation category. Hence, the final selection depends on the merit of your abstract as rated by the panel of anonymous reviewers.
- Furthermore, if you are submitting under the poster category, please indicate whether you would like your poster to be considered for the Poster Award category. There are three poster prizes (1 st , 2 nd , and 3 rd ).
- If you would like to submit your abstract under the award category, then you need to submit an extended abstract of 500 words. You can submit these extended abstracts for awards in the following categories: (1) General Neurology; (2) Epilepsy; (3) Basic Neuroscience; (4) Stroke; (5) Movement Disorders; (6) Neurogenetics. The Extended abstracts should be comprised of
the following sub-headings: (1) Introduction; (2) Aims; (3) Material & Methods; (4) Results; (5) Conclusions.
- Multiple abstracts may be submitted. However, only one abstract can be selected for platform presentation. Only first authors will be allowed to deliver a platform presentation.
- The first author will be the main contact for all correspondence about the presentation.
- All Presentation/abstract must be made in English and maximum word limit is 250 words. Figures tables and graphs should not be included. Use generic names of drugs only. No references are needed with abstract submission.
- Last date for submission of Abstracts is July 10, 2019.
- All Submissions will be acknowledged by email.
- By submission of an Abstract, the author transfers copyrights ownership to the organizing committee for publications. The Organizing committee reserves the right to reproduce the
abstract/ presentation made in conference in print or electronic media.
- The committee will review the Abstracts and the acceptance notification will reach the presenting author by September 01, 2019.
- The Scientific Committee reserves the right to allocate a session time or change the presentation type.
E-Poster Presentation Specifications - IANCON :
- The E-poster will be displayed on standard 42” (Diagonal) LCD
- File format should be PowerPoint (.PPT/.PPTX)
- Total size of the presentation should not exceed 10 MB
- Maximum number of slides per E-poster: 3 (Three)
- All slides should be in landscape format
- Animation/movies/sounds will not be supported; please submit in a static PPT format only.
- The material may be divided into: Slide 01 – Introduction & Aims; Slide 02 – Material & Methods; Slide 03 – Results & Conclusions.
- The poster should be self explanatory. Text should be brief and well organized.
- It is suggested that font size of the text should be at least 28 point. The typeface chosen should be a simple and clear one (e.g. Helvetica).
- Color suggestions:
- When using light backgrounds (white, yellow, light blue) we suggest using dark fonts (black, navy blue, dark green)
- When using dark backgrounds (blue, purple) we suggest using light fonts (white, yellow, cyan)
- Avoid using red or green in any fonts or backgrounds as they are colors that are difficult to read
- Illustrations/images/photographs used in the E-poster should be enlarged enough to show relevant details.
AWARDS - IANCON :
- The presenting author should be an Indian National of age < 45 years.
- The presenting author should be a member of the IAN or should have applied for membership to
the IAN at the time of submission of written paper/abstract for Categories 1 - 6.
- The presenting author could be either a member of the Indian Academy of Neurology or should have completed /be undergoing a Research Degree (e.g., PhD, M.Sc, MPhill) in an area of Neuroscience with thrust on Laboratory Research. The areas may include but are not restricted to Neurosciences/ /Neurogenetics/Experimental Neuropsychology/Neurophysiology/Neuroanatomy/
- The presenting author should submit an Extended Abstract by June 30, 2019
- The presenting author should have registered for the IANCON-2019
- The work should have been carried out in India.
- If selected for the final evaluation, the author will have to present the paper/poster at the IANCON - 2019.
- The paper will be evaluated by anonymous judges on the merit of the content, the presentation at the conference and the way the presenter responds to the queries from the audience.
- The decision of the judges shall be final and binding and no further evaluation will be entertained.
- The details of how to prepare an Extended Abstract for Award are given below.
- The extended abstract should include the following headings:
- Introduction and Background
- Material and Methods
- Further Scopes
- The word limit for extended abstract is 500 words.
- There should not be any identifying details such as name of authors, institution in the body of the article. The name of the Institution can be marked as xxx in the material methods section.
- Please make sure that the paper fulfils all the requirement above failing which it is liable to be rejected.